Aperçu de l'emploi
Position status: Full Time/local hire
Location: Dakar, Senegal up to 40% travel within Senegal
Compensation: Gross Salary starting at + benefits: 27,710,491/ annum
The United States Peace Corps in Senegal is seeking a highly qualified Health Program Management professional to be based in Dakar, Senegal. The primary purpose of the position is to lead and implement the Peace Corps’community Health project in Senegal. The duties include training, guidance, and oversite of volunteers; supervision of staff; developing and implementing programming and; monitoring and evaluating the project. The incumbent represents the US Peace Corps with the project’s primary partner, the Government of Senegal’s Ministry of Health, and other partner organizations. The position supervises the work and progress of 60-70 American Volunteers, as well as three Programming and Training Specialists. She or he is authorized to act as Occasional Money Handler (OMH). Interested candidates must hold the following qualifications:
The position requires a Master’s degree in a field related to Public Health or a bachelor’ s degree in a health related field with at least ten years of relevant work experience.
b. Experience and skills:
– Six or more years of progressively responsible experience in fields relevant to community-based health (public health project management, behavior change initiatives, project design and management, Volunteer programming, etc.)
– Strong experience working closely with or supporting international students, volunteers, interns, or others from different culture, or significant experience working and living in another culture.
– Significant experience as a trainer and/or in the development of training programs.
– Experience in grassroots community development.
– Sound experience directly supervising professional staff.
– Strong knowledge of maternal and child health; community-based health service delivery; and behavior change interventions.
– Ability and/or experience partnering with government officials at all levels.
– Experience with an American organization and/or culture. Must also have a good knowledge of or interest in American culture and issues of cross-cultural differences.
c. Language Proficiency:
– Fluency corresponding to Level 5 (translator) written and spoken English and French.
– Proficiency in one or more of Senegal’s national languages.
d. Other relevant attributes:
– Excellent communication skills.
– Highly collaborative leader and team player.
– Good skills using software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
– Extensive travel (approximately 40% of time) away from duty station (Dakar), usually to volunteer sites throughout the country or the Thies Training Center.
– Be accessible 24 hours a-day and 7 days a week to respond to Volunteer emergencies.
– Emergency trips to the field, usually Volunteer sites.
– Counseling Volunteers on work and personal issues.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
– Experience promoting gender equity through health programming47147