Aperçu de l'emploi
PersonalServices Contractor (PSC)vacancy announcement
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Peace Corps Medical Officer
OPENING DATE: Monday,January 27, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Sunday,February 16, 2020
WORK HOURS: 40 Hrs/Week
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor or Nurse Practitioner to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Guinea. The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Guinea and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Guinea and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
- Response to emergency medical situations
- Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in Guinea
- Ability to conduct trainings on health related issues
- Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout Guinea
- Administrative tasks of the medical office including budget management
- Inventory of medical supplies and equipment
- Alternate 24 hour on- call duty with the other PCMO
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited school
MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Researchhttps://search.wdoms.org/
- Current license to practice
- Relevant clinical experience in primary care after medical school
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral /written English.
- Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients
- Experience in training design and presentation of health related material
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Program management, administrative experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
- Hardworking,reliable and diligent with good inter-personal skills
- Willing to travel to sites in Guinea
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to obtain an American visa
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
A completed PCMO Application form, a completed PCMO applicant skills survey, a completed Privileging form. The applicant must complete this request for privileges depending on their professional qualifications.
The complete job description and required forms can be obtained by writing to
A resume or C.V. that includes:
- Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
- Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas
- Professional licenses, certificates,registration
- An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
Three professional medical references, with at least two being from medical colleagues who have directly observed the applicant in a clinical setting. (One must also be from the current employer.)
Academic diplomas. Please note, in addition to a copy of the academic diploma, the applicant must submit an official academic transcript and curriculum.
Professional licenses. If the license does not have an expiration date, written confirmation must be submitted directly from the issuing authority. Please note, if a license is not required, rather, the medical diploma is the license to practice, written confirmation, issued directly from the professional medical board, Ministry of Health or other appropriate regulatory authority establishing that the candidate is properly credentialed for medical practice,is required.
Certificates of all post graduate training, internships, residencies, fellowships
A cover letter
Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
The candidate should also provide the following:
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Passport number
- Passport issue date
- Passport expiration date
All documents must be in English. Official translation is not required.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Peace Corps Guinea
Applications will only be accepted by e-mail to . Applications must be received no later than February 16, 2020 at 00:00 hrs.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.50742