Aperçu de l'emploi
PERSONALSERVICES CONTRACTOR (PSC) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
OPENTO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION:Peace Corps Medical Officer – Monrovia, Liberia
OPENINGDATE: Friday, February 28, 2020
CLOSINGDATE: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
WORKHOURS: Full Time: 44 hours/week
TheUnited States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor or Nurse Practitioner to serveas a contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Monrovia, Liberia.The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Liberia andwill work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Liberiaand the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
- Routine primary health care to PeaceCorps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses andinjuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
- Individual short-term counseling ondisease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-culturalproblems
- Response to emergency medical situations
- Member of Senior Peace Corps staff inLiberia
- Ability to conduct trainings on healthrelated issues
- Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteersthroughout Liberia
- Administrative tasks of the medicaloffice including budget management
- Inventory of medical supplies andequipment
- Alternate24 hour on-call duty with the other PCMO
- Graduate of accredited school (MDs mustbe a graduate of a school listed in the Foundation for Advancement of InternationalMedical Education and Research https://search.wdoms.org/)
- Current license to practice
- Relevant clinical experience in primarycare after medical school
- Ability to communicate effectively inoral /written English.
- Experience in managing mental healthissues including counseling of patients
- Experience in training design andpresentation of health related material
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word,Excel, Access, Outlook
- Program management, administrativeexperience
- Ability to work effectively as part ofan intercultural team
- Hardworking, reliable and diligent withgood inter-personal skills
- Willing to travel to sites in Liberia
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Mustbe able to obtain an American visa
Interestedapplicants for this position must submit the following:
1.A completed PCMO Application form, a completed PCMO applicant skills survey, acompleted Privileging form. The applicant must complete this request forprivileges depending on their professional qualifications. To receive a copy ofthese 3 application documents, please email LR-Jobs@peacecorps.gov with the subjectline: “PCMO forms requested”.
2.A cover letter
3. A resume or C.V. that includes:
- Professional positions held, identifyingduties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
- Education and training, identifyinguniversities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas.
- Professional licenses, certificates,registrations
- Anaccounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
4.Three professional medical references, with at least two being from medicalcolleagues who have directly observed the applicant in a clinical setting. (Onemust also be from the current employer.)
5. Photocopies of:
- Diploma from medical school.
- Professional medical license. If the licensedoes not have an expiration date, written confirmation must be submitteddirectly from the issuing authority. Please note, if a license is not required,rather, the medical diploma is the license to practice, written confirmation,issued directly from the professional medical board, Ministry of Health orother appropriate regulatory authority establishing that the candidate isproperly credentialed for medical practice, is required.
- Professionalcertification if Nurse Practitioner
6.The candidate should also provide the following:
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Passport number
- Passport issue date
- Passportexpiration date
Alldocuments must be in English. Official translation is not required.
NOTE:This job announcement is being advertised in Liberia and regionally. Localcandidates will be given priority when filling this position. Benefits will beoffered for this position in accordance with guidance provided by Peace Corps’Office of Acquisition and Contract Management. Of particular note, relocationcosts and certain other benefits will not be provided for applicants residingin the United States when applying for this position and may not be providedfor other applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
Toapply: Submitall the requirements stated in this advertisement via email to: LR-Jobs@peacecorps.gov with subjectline: “PCMO”
Deadlinefor application is Friday, March 18, 2020.51474