Aperçu de l'emploi
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
OPENING DATE: March 5, 2020
CLOSING DATE: March 27, 2020
POSITION STATUS: Full time (40 hours per week)/local hire
LOCATION: Dakar, Senegal with up to 40% travel within Senegal
COMPENSATION: Gross salary +benefits: 18,079,202 CFA to 19,704,506 CFA/annum.
The United States Peace Corps in Senegal seeks a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Program and Training Specialist for Agroforestry. The position is based in Dakar, Senegal and reports directly to the Associate Peace Corps Director for Agroforestry (APCD). The Program and Training Specialist for Agroforestry (PTS) will provide on-going support to PC/Senegal’s Agroforestry program and conduct training for Agroforestry Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) and counterparts. The incumbent will also provide technical support to PCVs. Ideal candidate will have a degree in in Horticulture, Agriculture, and Forestry with proven experience in the management and implementation of agroforestry and environmental conservation projects. Interested candidates must hold the following qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Forestry with proven experience in the management and implementation of agroforestry and environmental conservation projects.
Prior Work Experience: At least three years of related practical work experience in the field ;
Language Proficiency: Ability to read, write and speak French and English fluently (F4 level).
Proficiency in speaking one or more national languages of Senegal;
Adult training: Experience in the conduct of adult learning methodologies and the development of training tools such as manuals, lesson plans, etc. Successful training with American audiences will be particularly useful.
Gender equity and Positive youth development :
- Demonstrated desire to empower women and girls in the field of agroforestry;
- Demonstrated desire to empower youth in the field of Agroforestry;
Other required qualifications:
- Experience with participatory community appraisal techniques;
- Desire for/love of working in a multicultural setting;
- Experience in and desire to work at the grassroots level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently throughout Senegal is a must.
The full positions description and requirement are available upon request by sending an email to SN-HR@peacecorps.gov .
Interested and qualified applicants for the position should submit the following:
- Letter of interest/motivation, in English, addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
- A current resume (CV) in English+3 professional references;
- Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned, driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
- Certified copy of school diplomas.
- Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality;
Interested applicants must have ability to pass full background/security checks; and show proof of residency or ability to work in Senegal.
All applications should be submitted electronically and in English to SN-HR@peacecorps.gov with “PTS AGFO” in the subject line no later than 00:00 by Friday March 27, 2020.
Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Peace Corps does not discriminate against an applicant because of that person’s race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.51479