Aperçu de l'emploi
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
OPENING DATE: November 21, 2019
CLOSING DATE: December 12, 2019
POSITION STATUS: Fulltime (40 hours per week)/local hire
LOCATION: Dakar, Senegal with up to 40%travel within Senegal
COMPENSATION: Gross salary + benefits: 18,079,202 CFA to 19,704,506 CFA/annum.
The United States Peace Corps in Senegal seeks a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Program and Training Specialist for Health. The position is based in Dakar, Senegal and reports directly to the Associate Peace Corps Director for the Community Health Project (APCD). The Program and Training Specialist for Health (PTS) will provide on-going support to PC/Senegal’s Health program and conduct training for Health Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) and counterparts. The incumbent will also provide technical support to PCVs. Ideal candidate will have a degree in public health with deep professional experience in communityhealth projects. Interested candidates must hold the following qualifications:
a. Education: A Bachelor degree in public health, community health or other related health area.
b. Prior Work Experience:
• At least four years practical experience in the field of community health, particularly in the areas of maternal child health, nutrition and malaria education/treatment;
• Successful completion of short courses and/or training program in areas directly related to the sector is highly desirable;
• Experience with participatory community appraisal method;
• Proven experience in training design and implementation;
• Experience supporting/coordinating people from other cultures;
• Knowledge of Senegal Health systems is a must.
c. Language Proficiency:
• Ability to read, write and speak both French and English fluently (F4 level).
• Proficiency in speaking and writing in one or more national languages of Senegal;
d. Skillsand abilities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is required;
• Understanding of Senegalese and American cultures;
• Enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues from multicultural backgrounds
• Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced work environment;
• Strong desire to work with, support and supervise American Volunteers, primarily youngpeople
• Ability to train and facilitate trainings with American and Senegalese audiences
• Capacity to travel frequently throughout Senegal and often in rough roads.
The full positions description and requirement are availableupon request by sending an email to
Interested and qualified applicants for the position shouldsubmit the following:
1. Letter of interest/motivation, in English,addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
2. A current resume (CV) in English+3professional references;
3. Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned,driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
4. Certified copy of school diplomas.
5. Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality and “extrait of casierJudiciaire;
Interested applicants must have ability to pass full background/security checks; and show proof of residency or ability to work inSenegal.
All applications should be submitted electronically and in English to HR-Senegal@peacecorps.gov with “PTS HE” in the subject line no later than00:00 by Thursday December 12, 2019.
Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained,nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will becontacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Peace Corps does not discriminate against anapplicant because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability, or genetic information.49086