INTERNAL & EXTERNAL - SVN/RO 005/2017
Duty Station : Regional Office, Dakar, Senegal
Programme Support Assistant : Project Assistant
Classification : G5
Type of Appointment : Six (6) months, with possibility of extension
Closing date :14th August 2017
Under the overall supervision of the Mixed Migration Regional Programme Officer and the direct supervision of the Child Protection Focal Point, the Project Assistant will:
• Assist with the implementation of the Regional Project on Child Protection;
• Attend meetings of the different Regional Working Groups on Child Protection when necessary;
• Ensure liaison with Child Protection partners, espe-cially with UNICEF, Save the Children, National and Local NGOs;
• Update the project database regularly;
• Coordinate and provide logistic support in conjunction with internai and external meetings/workshops/training among the different components of the project;
• Assist with the supervision of the project related administrative tasks;
• Be responsible for proper documentation, review, filing, handling and archiving of children casefiles, project documents, related documents and communication and make recommendations to improve filing and documentation;
• Support visibility and communication activities related to the project;
• Undertake duty travel when necessary;
• Perform any other duties assigned.
a)University Degree/ Certificate from an accredited academic institution, in Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Development Studies or related area; or an equivalent combination of Education, Training & Experience;
b) Experience in Child Protection;
c) Minimum of four years related experience (two years for candidates holding University Bachelor's Degree); preferably within the International development work or within the United Nations;
d) High level of computer literacy and good knowledge of the MS Office application;
a) Excellent communication, written and verbal skills;
b) Ability to work independently or under minimum super-vision;
c) Ability to work under pressure;
d) Ability to work harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
e) Good level of computer literacy and of the MS office application;
f) Personal commitment, flexibility, efhciency and drive for results;
g) Strong sense of details and accuracy in aIl matters.
Fluent in both French and English.
• Accountability — takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation — works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning — promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication — listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative — actively seeks new ways of
improving programmes or services
• Performance Management — identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork — contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
• Effectively coordinates actions with other team mem-bers;
Appointment will be subject to certification that the can-didate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by August 14th, 2017. In order for the applications to be considered valid, I0M only accepts applications with a cover ietter flot more than one page specifying the motivation for application. All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Senegalese National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.